Sunday, September 18, 2011

BBQ Tofu & Veg Kabobs


The early signs of spring get me craving a good BBQ! Although this means I get to make less soups it also means I get to enjoy the taste of a good BBQ! One challenge I had when I went vegan was BBQ's. It seemed everyone was throwing their piece of meat on & that left me thinking about what I could make to fill the void of that "big piece of meat" on my plate. So I tried all the veggie "meats" but sometimes I wanted something that was not sandwiched between bread (sausage, hot dogs, burgers etc). So one of my favorites if just BBQ'd tofu. It's really easy. Take some firm tofu & cut it in wedges. Press it with paper towel to absorb the water. Marinate with Italian dressing & any spices you want & throw on a hot BBQ. Cook until it is crispy on the outside & you are done! Same goes for the vegetable skewers. Just put raw veggies on a skewer, marinate in the fridge for a few hours with Italian dressing and spices (also add lemon juice if you want) and cook on the bbq until crispy!

YUM!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment