Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ginger Carrot Soup


This soup is hearty and healthy & low in fat so it's a great addition to any meal or as a light supper. I was surprised how easy it was to make. It was from "the Vegan Table" recipe book. I think if I were to make it again I would maybe add some red lentils to make it thicker and and higher in protein.

2 tablespoons water for sauteing
2 medium sized onions
2 tsp chopped garlic
8 carrots peeled & cut into circles
2 medium yellow potatoes peeled & quartered
2 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
1/2 sp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 C water or vegetable stock


Add 2 tbsp of water to pan & heat. Add in onions and garlic & saute until translucent. Add more water if pan gets too dry. Add carrots, potatoes, ginger, salt and enough stock to cover the vegetables. Reduce heat to medium and cook until you can pierce vegetables with a fork. Transfer mixture to a food processor and blend until it's pureed. Add back to heat and cook for another minute or two adding more salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment