I made this for Chris birthday this weekend! I am not really a sugar lover so I rarely bake. In fact, I have only made one other cake before and it turned out a bit dry. Since I would be serving it to many non-vegan friends I really wanted this to be a hit! I went to the grocery store thinking that buying a box mix would be safe & then I could just use egg substitute in the recipe but as I stood in the aisle reading the ingredients I just couldn't do it! The thought of buying a box mix for my hunny's birthday! What would he think? Well he probably wouldn't care but I would! I just love seeing the fulfilled look on people's faces after a great bite! So I put the box down and went home. I had all the required ingredients at home anyways and it can't be that hard right? It was actually so much easier then I thought! I don't even know why I considered a box, this recipe was so FAST to make!
So what was the carnivore verdict? It was a big hit! In fact, it was DELICIOUS! So I just couldn't keep this recipe to myself!
Cake:
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup warm water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp distilled white or apple cider vinegar
Frosting:
1/2 C vegan butter at room temperature ( I use Earth Balance or Becel Vegan)
3 C icing sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp soy milk or more if it's not blending well
Preheat oven to 350. Mix the dry cake ingredients-flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add the wet ingredients-water, vanilla, oil, and vinegar, and again, mix well together
Pour into 8 x8 cake pan & cook for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean

Meanwhile beat the icing ingredients together until it's creamy. If needed add some more milk to help the consistency

Frost the cake! If the icing is hard to spread warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds. If it's at room temperature it will frost better

I don't have a picture of it after we iced it because of how we decorated it (It was an adult theme) but I assure you that the pictures do not do it justice! It was amazing!

No comments:
Post a Comment