Monday, October 10, 2011


I have to admit I have tried so many batches of tomato sauce. For some reason I could never seem to get it just perfect. So one day my loving mother in law shared her secret recipe with me which is now not so secret since I am sharing with all of you but it is so delicious and fool proof that I can’t resist! The hardest part is waiting for it to simmer to perfection :)
3 28 oz cans of diced tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
2 yellow onions chopped small
3/4 empty tomato can of water
1 can tomato paste
2 Tbsp Basil
1 Tbsp Oregano
1 Tbsp Summer savory
2 Tbsp organic cane sugar
Add all ingredients and cook on low 4-5 hours
*Optional add in 2 C dehydrated TVP in the last 30 minutes to make it a meat sauce (see http://livecleaneatgreen.com/?p=440 )


Slow Cooker Method:
Add all ingredients except TVP and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add TVP in in the last 30 minutes. TVP will be ready within 5 but I like to keep it in the sauce longer so it can absorb as much flavor as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment