I stumbled on this recipe in reception area while I was waiting for an appointment one day and did the all familiar "quiet rip" out of a magazine. It was a recipe from Better Homes & Garden for a beef noodle toss. I have adapted it to make it vegan and this was delicious for when you are craving that hearty pasta dish. It's a definite "home run" as Chris put it!
3 Tofurkey sausages sliced
2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pint of grape tomatoes
6 C sliced white mushrooms
4 cloves minced garlic
14 oz of low sodium vegetable broth
1/4 C soy milk
Lightly dust sausage in flour & fry until brown in olive oil
Add tomatoes & cook for about 5 minutes
Add mushrooms & garlic
Add in broth & bring to a boil. Which milk & flour together & slowly add to broth for about 10 minutes until thickened
Add in some pepper & optional hot sauce to spice it up! Mix in lasagna noodles & coat well with mixture. Serve!






No comments:
Post a Comment