Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cream of Broccoli Soup


I know I've said before that I love soup but I really can't get enough of it in the colder months. There's just something so comforting about a bowl of hearty soup! One of my old favorites is cream of broccoli. I also like a lot of broccoli for a really fresh taste! This soup meets both those halfway!
6 C water
1 1/2 low sodium vegetable bouillon (I use McCormaks's as OXO has MSG in it)
2 garlic cloves
2 onions
1 tsp basil, oregano & summer savory
1 tbsp chives
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp flour (use chickpea flour for a gluten free option)
2 C soy milk
salt & pepper to taste
Add onions & garlic to a pan & heat over medium heat until they are translucent. At the same time boil water & vegetable bouillon together until it's a rolling boil. Add broccoli and boil for 5 minutes.





Remove from heat & pour into a blender or food processor. Blend well onions, broth & broccoli together. Add back into pot on low heat.

In separate pan heat oil, add in flour whisking until it is blended well. Cook for about 10 minutes on low heat whisking frequently.  Add in soy milk & whisk constantly until thick.  Add to soup & serve immediately
Add in soy milk & whisk constantly until thick.  Add to soup & serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment