This is my favorite 5 minute soup! I make this a lot for lunch at work because it's almost as easy as grabbing something from a box & microwaving it! I like my veggies still somewhat raw so they are still crunchy & the vitamins are not boiled out. But if you like them cooked well simply fry them beforehand.
1 garlic clove OR 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Vegetables-I use anything in my fridge, peppers, broccoli, carrots, onions, broccoli, kale, mushrooms.....basically whatever I have!
Thin rice vermicelli (found in the Asian/pasta section of your grocer)
1/2 tsp white Miso paste (optional) See http://livecleaneatgreen.com/?p=177
1 tablespoon low sodium Tamari or natural soy sauce
splash of cayenne for some kick
Add veggies to a pan & saute on medium heat with olive oil for a couple of minutes.
Boil some water in a kettle/pot. Once boiled remove from heat & add vermicelli. Let it sit for about 5 minutes with miso, garlic & TamariAdd veggies when ready to serve & top with cracked pepper

If I am making this for my lunch I throw the raw/cooked veggies into a container, add the uncooked vermicelli, garlic, cayenne, pepper & Miso. When it's time to eat I boil water and add it, letting it sit for 5 minutes & then eat! Super simple & healthy! Sometimes I even add diced pieces of tofu for protein!
This is really versatile, pretty much anything you want to throw in there goes. For the Miso don't add it while the water is boiling as this kills some of the good bacteria that help aid in digestion. Just mix it in once the water is cooling for ultimate effects.
I usually make this on a cool day when I am not feeling like I want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen but that I want the feeling of a homemade soup :)

No comments:
Post a Comment