Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mexican Hummus


I stumbled on this recipe online @ http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/9798 for Mexican Hummus. At first I was not so sure about the pumpkin seeds but I tried it anyways. This is DELICIOUS! The unique mix of the seeds with salsa & re-fried bean makes the texture like hummus but with a mexican twist! This may not be the prettiest dip I have ever made but it's definitely one of the best tasting! This is a party must have and only takes about 5 minutes to make!

1 15.5-oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup salsa
1 Tbs. lime juice
2 tsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup cilantro


Mix all ingredients except re fried beans together in a blender or food processor.  Add in beans until mixed thoroughly. Serve with nachos or crackers!

No comments:

Post a Comment