People always think that stirfry's are time consuming and hard to make. Really it only takes about 10 minutes prep and then the rest of the time you can do other household things while it's cooking. Here's what I do.Firm tofu
1/2 C Broccoli
1/4 of a Zucchini
1/2 Red Pepper
1 Red Onion
3 tablespoons tamari
1/2 tsp sugar (optional if you are cutting calories)
a dash of cayenne pepper or crushed chili peppers
2-3 garlic cloves
Thumb size piece of shredded ginger (you can also put this with the garlic in a small food processor)
Cut up pieces of tofu into squares while a non stick or cast iron pan is heating up with 2 tablespoons olive oil over med/high heat. Fry the tofu pieces until all sides are golden brown
I always have a big bowl of rice in the fridge that I make once a week. If you are making fresh add then start this now. I like Jasmine or basmati rice for stirfry's. Add 1 1/2 C water for every 1 C of rice to a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer with the lid on until all water is absorbed & it is light and fluffy. Remove from heat & allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before fluffing with fork.
Add in any diced vegetables from your fridge to the tofu pan. In a small bowl combine tamari & sugar, cayenne pepper or crushed chili peppers, garlic cloves and shredded ginger. Coat the stirfry in the sauce and continue cooking until it's cooked to how you like it. I usually turn it down on low as the sugar can cause the food to stick to the pan & because I like my veggies still a bit crisp so that I still get all the nutrients.
No comments:
Post a Comment