I love this basic recipe because it can be adapted to so many things and it is only a few basic ingredients. Sometimes I add rice noodles, vermicelli, rice, beans, pasta, tofu or whatever else I have in my fridge at the time to spice it up! It's really easy to make and just takes about 5 minutes of prepping and a few minutes of cooking & it will make you feel warm on a cool day!1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1/2-1 yellow onion
6 cups organic vegetable broth or water
Vegetables of your choice- I use broccoli & mushrooms
Can of diced tomatoes with juice
Salt & pepper to taste
Optional-Hot sauce or cayenne pepper to taste
Cooked rice of your choice
Optional-Tofu pieces
Add oil to a pot over medium heat. Add 2 garlic cloves and 1/2-1 yellow onion & saute for a couple minutes until it's translucent. Add in 6 cups organic vegetable broth or water and 3 tablespoons light "naturally brewed" soy sauce or 1-2 regular. Add in vegetables, tomatoes with juice, salt & pepper and if you are adding hot sauce or a dash of cayenne. Bring it to a simmer-Be careful not to boil as this will take the taste and nutrients out of the soup
Once it is ready add in already cooked rice-I keep a bowl of cooked rice in my fridge (or cook separately and add in)
A delicious add in at the end it to cut firm tofu into small square pieces. Place in a non stick oiled pan and fry until all edges are golden brown. Add into the soup when serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment