Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tomato & Beans


This is such a simple but hearty meal! I love the taste of stewed tomatoes so I make this when I am in a hurry.

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove
1 can diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp italian spices
1 Tbsp summer savory
2-4 dashes cayenne
Salt & pepper to taste
1 C jasmine rice
1 can black beans

Add garlic &  olive oil for 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Add tomatoes, italian spices, summer savory, cayenne & salt & pepper. Simmer on medium heat until herbs blend or a minimum 10 minutes.Make rice by adding 1 Cup rice to every 1.5 Cups water. Boil on medium heat covered about 10 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is sticky looking. Do not lift the lid! Remove from heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes!
To make the beans, add one can black beans to a small pot with another garlic clove and some oil. Cover and heat up.
Combine tomatoes & beans on top of rice & serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment