Hello! My name is Katrina Flanagan. livecleaneatgreen is a website I created to show people how to make better choices for themselves and the environment without making sacrifices. In fact, if you haven't tried it I bet you would be surprised at how amazing some things can taste! So weather you are just looking for a better meal to make once a week or you want to take the plunge & start supporting green foods & products I hope you will spread the word on how to Live Clean!
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Breakfast Scramble
When I first started trying tofu in recipes I really struggled with it. I had read all these wonderful stories about it and it's health benefits and how it's spongy texture will take on any taste but no matter what I did it seemed to taste like nothing. I kept trying though as I was determined to figure out what I was doing wrong! Then I realized that I wasn't embracing the unique taste of tofu. Instead I was trying to make it taste like something else! Now I still wouldn't sit down to a bowl of tofu by itself for the same reason most people don't eat a bowl of beans or a bowl of hamburger by itself. It is a yummy protein to add to almost anything however. I love this breakfast scramble because it has healthy carbs, protein and veggies in it while it leaves you feeling full and satisfied the way eggs do.
4 red potatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1/2 green pepper, red onion
5 large mushrooms
1 block medium tofu
Wash and dice red potatoes-parboil in the microwave for about 5 minutes. Add a couple tablespoons of olive oil and 2 garlic cloves to medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add drained potatoes with a couple dashes of cajun spice and cook until they are browned. Add diced veggies of your choice.
In a bowl mash tofu with cajun spices and then sautee in a non stick (wrought iron works best) pan until it's a bit crispy. Mix into the potato and veggie mix and you are done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment