Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cajun Burgers


I have tried a lot of recipes for home made burgers. I don't mind the store bought one's but they are really processed & there can be a lot of preservatives in them. So I have tried many recipes & tried making many recipes but this one is the best one so far! This recipe calls to bake them but I usually bake them halfway so they will stay together and then put them on the BBQ with some sauce!

1 C dried TVP
1 C Oats
1/4 C fried onion crispies (optional)
1 tsp cajun spice
1 diced onion
3 tbsp flour
3 tbsp BBQ sauce & 1 tbsp ketchup

Rehydrate TVP with hot water by following instructions. While waiting dice onions & set aside & mix all dry ingredients together



Once TVP is hydrated mix with dry ingredients & onions



Form into patties with hands or spread the mix onto baking sheet & cut with the top of a small bowl (like with a cookie cutter). I use stoneware because it doesn't stick & you don't have to turn anything!



Bake for 20-30 minutes @ 375 C or until desired consistency is achieved & serve! I paired this with Pesto Tomato Quinoa


No comments:

Post a Comment