A few weeks ago I was flipping thorough TV channels and stumbled on this recipe with chicken in it. It looked so yummy & easy to make so I decided I was going re-create it. I usually don't use cinnamon in main dishes so this recipe intrigued me with it's hearty vegetables & how easy it looked to make. I can't say I have ever enjoyed raisins but the white one's are great in something like this because they add a natural sweetness without adding the sugar!
1 yellow onion chopped
1 carrots chopped
2 small zucchini's chopped
2 C canned or cooked chickpeas rinsed
1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 C white raisins
salt to taste
1 jalapeno (optional)
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 C water or vegetable stock
Add onion, jalapeno & carrot to a pan with a tablespoons water & cook until softened (about 5 minutes).
Add the zucchini, garlic, cinnamon, turmeric, salt
Add tomatoes & stock or water
Simmer on low for about 20 minutes
If you are eating with rice put your rice on now
Add raisins and chickpeas & cook for 5 more minutes

Serve over rice, couscous or by itself as a stew!





No comments:
Post a Comment