Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ginger Couscous


I made this as a quick lunch this week. It only took about 15 minutes to make and it was really yummy. I  really like couscous although I don't eat a lot of it & now I am starting to wonder why! This was filling but didn't leave that heavy feeling regular pasta leaves.

1 C Couscous
1 tbsp water for cooking
1/2 onion chopped
4 mushrooms
handful of spinach
2 garlic cloves
2 pieces of inch long ginger
Tamari to taste
*This is one serving. If making for two just add more veggies & couscous.

Add equal parts of water to couscous, bring to a boil and simmer until al dente (about 5-8 minutes). In a pan add onions, mushrooms, garlic and ginger and cook through. Add in a little bit more water & spinach. Cook until spinach is steamed well. When couscous is done (water is absorbed) drain and top with a some tamari & top with vegetables. You can also add in some tofu if you like!









No comments:

Post a Comment