I tried zucchini cakes in a restaurant about a month ago and have been thinking about this recipe since then. I was looking for a way to make these fairly easy to make & not too battered. After the first bite Chris turned to me and said "These are amazing! This is the kind of stuff that make's people want to be vegan". I have to admit these did turn out to be like a party in my mouth so I am really excited to share this recipe! This will definitely be a new favorite of mine & it would also be good in little bit sized pieces as a finger food at parties & will definitely be a highly requested item in our house in the future!
1 medium zucchini
2 medium large potatoes
1/2 red pepper diced thinly
1/2 red onion diced thinly
3 Tbsp corn meal
3 Tbsp whole wheat
1 Tbsp parsley
1 1/2 tsp cajun spice
Peel potato wash zucchini well. Shred them & wrap in towel. Squeeze excess water out & put in bowl
Add in diced pepper & onion & mix well
In a separate bowl add corn meal, wheat & parsley together then mix into vegetables

Scoop out with hands and pat into tight cakes. Fry for about 10 minutes until golden brown
Top with a slice of feta cheese & serve!





No comments:
Post a Comment