Recently I had a potluck at work and I have to admit that for one of the first times ever I didn't feel like making anything. The thought of buying something didn't quite jump at me as a great idea either. So I opened one of y favorite cookbooks (The Vegan Table) and started skimming pages. I opened the book to where I had bookmarked it and clearly forgotten about it and this recipe for roasted red pepper walnut spread was there! So I decided to make a variation of this since I didn't have most of the ingredients. It was a hit at the potluck & the texture is similar to hummus so I will definitely be making this again in the future as a quick snack!
1 C Walnuts
1/4 C red pepper spread
3 1/4 piece of artichokes
1 T agave nectar or honey
1 T olive oil
1/2 C water
2 T tomato paste
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 t red chili paste or red pepper flakes
1 garlic clove minced
parsley for garnish
Add walnuts, garlic red pepper spread & artichokes to food processor & blend. Add remaining ingredients with water until it is smooth

Serve as a dip for veggies or chips or as a pate on a sandwich

No comments:
Post a Comment